HOW TO MAKE matcha latte RECIPE (VIDEO)
How to make a green tea matcha latte
You don't need to go to Starbucks to drink a Matcha latte when you can make it yourself at home. This vegan green tea matcha latte is simple to make and super delicious. This Pure Matcha latte is tasty, full of antioxidants and only requires very few ingredients to make.
- 1 cup of a plant based milk, Soy, almond or oat milk
- 1 tbsp of culinary grade matcha
- 1/4 cup of hot water (75°C / 167°F)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder
1. Heat the milk over medium heat in a pot, stir and set aside. If you have a milk frother aim to heat your milk to 60°c / 140°F
2. In a small bowl, add the boiling water, matcha green tea powder, maple syrup and cinnamon powder. Mix together with a bamboo whisk or spoon until well combined.
3. Pour the milk into a mug, add the matcha tea mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Sift some matcha tea powder over the top of the bowl to finish off.
HOW TO MAKE A MATCHA LATTE
In this matcha latte recipe video we used the steam wand from an espresso machine to heat and texture the milk.
TIP - To make matcha latte art, you need the matcha tea in the bowl to be full body (Some weight) just like an espresso. To make full body matcha, you need at least 3 - 4 grams of matcha powder and just a small amount of water approx 50ml so that the matcha is more like a thin paste.
Use a good quality matcha powder if you want that fresh, vibrant green hue result.
Matcha and matcha Accessories used in this video
download the made with matcha ebook - FREE!
Matcha powder is such a versatile ingredient that we've written a whole recipe book of amazing food, drinks and treats to try.
Enter your email to receive your copy of our very own Made with Matcha eBook.