No Products in the Cart
or make 4 interest-free payments of $26.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
The AKEMI Matcha gift set contains all the high quality handmade tools required to make and enjoy perfect full flavour Matcha. The chawan or matcha bowl is beautifully handcrafted by potters in Japan. Make each tea experience a memorable one with this authentic high quality tea set.
Tea set includes
Matcha Health Benefits
Independently tested in Australian labs for safety
We test our products both at the farms where they are grown, as well as by third party laboratories here in Australia.
The safety of our organic matcha green tea is our absolute #1 concern, so we randomly test for contaminants including radiation and heavy metals, ensuring none of the bad stuff gets through.
Cesium 134 (<2 Bq/kg): Not Detected ✓
Cesium 137 (<2 Bq/kg): Not Detected ✓
Sample test date: 13th August 2019.
Report reference: FA19-089
Testing agency: ARPANSA (Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency)
Official documentation is available by request.
Add 1-2 scoops of Matcha powder to Chawan
Add 250ml of 80°C (176°F) hot water
Whisk until frothy
This Japanese ceremonial matcha tea set is the perfect gift for brewing, preparing and enjoying matcha. This matcha tea set includes all the utensils required to make the best tasting matcha green tea like a true tea master. Each item adds functionality and aesthetic value to your brewing ritual. A great gift to yourself and to your dearest ones.
Inside the rigid gift box contains:
- One handmade AKEMI matcha bowl (CHAWAN) - HANDMADE IN JAPAN. It is the centerpiece of the matcha tea set and is beautifully hand-crafted by century-old artisan potters in Japan. The wide and shallow design gives you plenty of space for whisking, which creates a smooth texture and releases as much flavour as possible.
- One 50g pouch of EISAI Ceremonial Grade Matcha - Purematcha's EISAI ceremonial matcha is very high grade. It is sourced from ground Tencha grown on an organic JAS Certified farm in Uji Japan. The farm uses natural predators to remove any insects which would eat the leaf such as Praying Mantis, ladybugs and spiders.
- One Chasen 100 Prongs (Bamboo Whisk) Designed and handcrafted from a single piece of pure white bamboo. From a short but comfortable base that serves as the handle, each matcha whisk is split into 100 prongs with individual "circlets" at each tip. These circlets assist with mixing and aerating the matcha, lifting the flavour to its fullest potential. The Chasen is essential for creating the creamiest, frothiest, and most delicious matcha tea, a quality matcha whisk is a must-have for maximising your Purematcha experience
- One Chashaku (Bamboo Scoop) Hand carved from genuine bamboo, the traditional Chashaku is a work of art that is present at every traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony, as well as many matcha drinking households in Japan and beyond. Each matcha scoop is a simple but elegant utensil, designed for the single purpose of measuring the perfect amount of Purematcha.
- One stainless steel fine mesh tea sieve - Essential item for brewing the finest tasting frothy matcha tea.
- One Japanese Art Gift Box - The Matcha Tea Gift Set is an excellent gift for Valentine's day, birthday, anniversary or any other occasion to show someone that you care.
- One "Made with Matcha" eBook containing everything that you need to know about this ancient green tea. The eBook also includes 20 recipes for you to try
On the nose, EISAI Matcha has a supreme freshness, savoury and nutty scent. As soon as you open the packaging you will immediately smell the sweet vegetal aromas produced by this high grade matcha tea.
The true excellence of this matcha comes from its velvety, silky texture as it passes over the tongue. It is a full bodied and well rounded green tea with no bitterness. Because of its supreme quality, this matcha is also used for Koicha which is a thick paste made from only the highest grade of matcha
Q. What makes this a ceremonial grade matcha?
A. The tealeaves used are the youngest of the camellia sinensis plant, as they received the least amount of sunlight prior to harvest. As such, they’re higher in L-theanine (natural relaxant), chlorophyll (intense bright green) and caffeine, making it value for money even for those who drink it daily as a pick-me-up.
This ceremonial grade Uji matcha is hand-picked by experience tea farmers as opposed to being machine picked in lesser grade matcha powders.
Furthermore, ceremonial grade matcha has a refreshing grassy flavour and initial hint of astringency that leaves a lingering umami sweetness.
Q. What is matcha?
A. Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing: the green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for three to four weeks before harvest, and the stems and veins are removed during processing.
Q. What does Matcha taste like?
A. The taste is complex, rich, aromatic, astringent, and leaves an alluring sweetness post-drinking. When made in the traditional manner (ceremonial Matcha), it has a full-bodied flavour. ... Due to the high chlorophyll and amino acid content, Matcha has a unique vegetal taste and a lingering sweet aftertaste.
Q. Is there caffeine in Matcha?
Yes. Matcha is a type of green tea, and green tea contains caffeine. Because Matcha is made from crushed whole tea leaves, the caffeine content is somewhat higher than that of bagged tea. In fact, the Matcha caffeine levels can actually equal half the level of a black cup of coffee.
Q. Is Matcha green tea good for weight loss?
The processes that allow the body to convert food and drink into usable energy are collectively known as the metabolism. Green tea may be beneficial for weight loss by helping the body's metabolism to be more efficient.
Green tea contains caffeine and a type of flavonoid called catechin, which is an antioxidant. Research suggests that both of these compounds can speed up metabolism. Catechin can help to break down excess fat, while both catechin and caffeine can increase the amount of energy the body uses.
Regularly exercising and eating a healthful diet with plenty of vegetables are highly effective weight loss strategies. Green tea used alongside these methods may increase their positive results.
Q. Is it safe to drink Matcha during pregnancy?
We recommend to speak to your doctor. To be on the safe side, however, and to account for other foods or beverages you may take that contain caffeine during the day, we would recommend limiting your Matcha green tea consumption while pregnant to 2 cups a day.
Q. Does Matcha tea contain EGCG?
Matcha tea contains a unique, potent class of antioxidant known as catechins, which aren't found in other foods. In particular, the catechin EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate) provides potent cancer-fighting properties.
Q. What are the health benefits of Matcha tea?
Matcha is high in a catechin called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which is believed to have cancer-fighting effects on the body. Studies have linked green tea to a variety of health benefits, like helping to prevent heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer, and even encouraging weight loss.
Q. How long does Matcha tea last?
Matcha lasts about one year on the shelf. If you have matcha that has 'expired' we recommend baking with it. Once matcha is opened, it really should be used up within three or four weeks — or, if we really want to push it, no longer than eight weeks to ensure optimum freshness, colour, and taste.
Q. How to store Matcha?
Store matcha is a cool, dry and dark space. Keep your matcha in an air-tight container because oxygen, heat, light, moisture, and strong odours can alter the flavour of your matcha significantly.Tip: Store your air-tight Purematcha pouch inside an air-tight container in your refrigerator.
Q. What is ceremonial grade Matcha?
The tealeaves used are the youngest of the camellia sinensis plant, as they received the least amount of sunlight prior to harvest. As such, they’re higher in L-theanine (natural relaxant), chlorophyll (intense bright green) and caffeine, making it value for money even for those who drink it daily as a pick-me-up.Furthermore, ceremonial grade matcha has a refreshing grassy flavour and initial hint of astringency that leaves a lingering umami sweetness. You will also get a rich creamy mouthfeel.
Q. How healthy is Matcha tea?
It offers many health benefits. Matcha is made from high-quality tea, and the whole leaves are ingested, it is a more potent source of nutrients than steeped green tea. Another polyphenol in Matcha called EGCG has been shown in research to boost metabolism, and slow or halt the growth of cancer cells.
Q. Is Matcha better than coffee?
Matcha contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that helps your body to process caffeine differently and create a state of calm alertness.While one serving of matcha has much less caffeine than coffee, it provides a less jittery, more sustained energy boost – with no crash at the end.
Or 6 weekly interest free payments from $17.50 AUD with what's this?