The TETSU teapot comes with a removable stainless steel infuser that sits inside the top of the pot.
The outer surface is beautifully decorated with a distinctive hobnail pattern and a well-balanced handle allowing safe handling of the cast iron teapot.
The interior surface of the TESTSU teapot is lined with a quality enamel that protects the teapot from rust making it durable for many tea ceremonies to come.
Advantages of brewing tea in a cast iron teapot
- Cast Iron Teapots are very hard-wearing and can withstand more knocks than ceramic and glass teapots.
- The cast iron works to sustain the temperature of the tea for much longer than ceramic or porcelain teapots.
- Unique design makes them very attractive and desirable for tea enthusiasts.
How to Brew Loose Leaf Tea in a Cast Iron Teapot
- Warm the cast iron teapot with warm water. This reduces the chance of thermal shock to the enamel surface.
- Place your loose leaf tea in the infuser – measure around 1 teaspoon per 200ml of water
- Boil water in a kettle, add the hot water to the teapot ensuring to cover the loose leaf tea in the infuser, and put on the lid
- Steep for a few minutes – this will vary depending on the variety of tea, and your own preferences of strength
- Remove the infuser and pour tea
- Includes 1 teapot
Type of filter: Internal stainless steel strainer
Total volume: 500ml
Material: Cast iron
Precautions for use:
Dishwasher safe: NO
Oven safe: NO